DR. NICK RICHARDSON
Child and Clinical Psychologist
D.Psych (clin) MAPS
Qualifications and Affiliations
Doctor of Clinical Psychology (Child, Youth & Family) Monash University
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science
The University of Melbourne
Member of Australian Psychological Society (APS) and Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
Nick undertook his training in clinical psychology at Melbourne and Monash Universities and completed his doctoral thesis on how emotion regulation contributes to depression in adolescence. Nick’s practice has a particular focus on difficulties in life-stage transitions such as commencing primary and secondary school, emerging adolescence, young adulthood, and forming relationships. He also provides support to adults with relationship and parenting concerns.
Nick has a friendly, thoughtful and compassionate approach that is tailored to an individual’s and family's needs. He is passionate about helping young people overcome obstacles in their development through fostering confidence, skills and self-understanding. He uses talk and play-based activities such as play and art to help young people share their feelings. He also meets with parents to help them develop a better understanding of their child’s needs and to support their child at home.
Nick was previously employed as a senior psychologist in a Child & Youth Mental Health Service, Eastern Health through which he provided supervision. He also offers supervision services in his private practice.
Nick registered with the Psychology Board of Australia and follows a code of ethics to ensure high standards of professional practice. He is a member of the Australian Psychological Society and College of Clinical Psychologists.
EXPERTISE AND SERVICES
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
anxiety and stress
Autism Spectrum Disorder
grief and trauma
adjustment to family separation
academic and workplace pressures
life direction and choices
clinical assessment and diagnosis
play therapy and child/adolescent therapy
clinical report writing
consulting with schools and other services
articles for newsletters and community publications
Nick is an experienced and AHPRA-endorsed supervisor and provides individual supervision, tailored to your needs and goals. Nick offers regular meetings, constructive feedback, and guidance on your clinical work and professional development. With Nick’s supervision services, you'll receive the support and tools you need to become a highly skilled and effective psychologist.
Nick’s supervision services are designed to meet the requirements for ongoing registration or practice endorsement in clinical psychology and is available in-person or remotely using video conferencing technology. Nick believes in fostering a collaborative and respectful working relationship and is committed to ensuring the quality of psychological services, protecting the welfare of clients, and promoting the professional development and well-being of psychologists.
· Early career psychologists
· Provisional psychological seeking clinical endorsement
· Psychologist looking to enhance professional skills and competence and ethical practices
Join Our Thriving Practice and Make a Difference
Are you a passionate psychologist seeking a fulfilling career where you can make a meaningful impact on the lives of others? At Enrich Psychology, we're inviting talented psychologists like you to join our dynamic and supportive team.
Enrich Psychology is a reputable and well-established psychology clinic dedicated to providing high-quality mental health services to our community. With a focus on client-centered care and evidence-based practices, we strive to create a warm and welcoming environment where clients feel safe and empowered to embark on their journey towards healing and personal growth.
Why Choose Enrich Psychology?
1. Flourish Professionally: We believe in fostering the growth and development of our psychologists. You'll have the opportunity to expand your clinical skills, explore your areas of interest, and pursue ongoing professional development with the full support of our experienced team.
2. At Enrich Psychology, we believe in empowering our psychologists to create and run their own independent businesses, free from contracts that restrict trade or impose burdensome exit clauses. We understand that the therapeutic rapport between psychologist and client is essential for successful outcomes, and we fully support your autonomy and professional journey.
3. Autonomy and Flexibility: We understand the importance of work-life balance. Enjoy the freedom to create your own schedule and determine your caseload, allowing you to thrive both personally and professionally.
4. Collaborative Culture: Join a team of like-minded professionals who value collaboration and shared learning. Our clinic cultivates a supportive and inclusive culture where open communication, peer consultation, and mentorship are encouraged.
5. Ready-Made Referral Base: From day one, you'll have access to a robust referral network that aligns with your areas of expertise and interest. Benefit from a steady stream of clients who are seeking the specialized care you provide.
6. Streamlined Administrative Support: Focus on what you do best—providing exceptional care to your clients. Our clinic provides comprehensive administrative support, including reception services, appointment scheduling, billing, and efficient practice management software.
7. Professional Growth Opportunities: Expand your professional horizons and contribute to the advancement of the field. We offer opportunities to engage in research, present at conferences, and contribute to community outreach programs.
8. Engaging Work Environment: Our modern and inviting clinic is designed to provide a comfortable and calming space for both clients and practitioners. Conveniently located with excellent transportation links, our clinic ensures a hassle-free commute for you and accessibility for our clients.
Join Our Team: If you're a dedicated psychologist ready to take the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you. Embrace the opportunity to work in a clinic that values your expertise, encourages your growth, and prioritizes the well-being of both clients and practitioners.
To further explore this opportunity, we invite you to send your CV along with a cover letter detailing your experience and why you are interested in joining our practice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: All applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
ARE MEDICARE REBATES AVAILABLE?
Medicare provides a rebate for 10 sessions per calendar year if you are referred under a Mental Health Care Plan by a GP, Psychiatrist or Paediatrician. This cover is for specific problems and services. You may speak with your GP or Nick for more details. Alternatively, many private health funds include rebates for services offered by psychologists. Please check with your private health fund provider.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
No, you don't need a referral, however if you wish to receive a Medicare Rebate, you will need a referral from a GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist.
WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED DURING ASSESSMENT AND TREATMENT?
Services provided are bound by the legal requirements of the National Privacy Principles from the Australian Federal Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000. Nick is also bound by the Code of Ethics of the Australian Psychological Society and the Psychology Registration Board of Australia, which provide guidelines for the maintenance of confidentiality.
Information that is gathered as part of the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of your child is held within an individual file in a secure filing cabinet which is accessible only to Nick. The information is retained in order to document what happens during sessions, and enables the psychologist to provide a relevant and informed psychological service.